Monday, September 1, 2014

~*Happy Labor Day My Friends*~

Hello Dear Friends!  I hope you are enjoying an extra long, peaceful, fun~loving weekend!  

I took a little walk around our home today...

Autumn is near... the leaves are beginning to turn and fall...
 The cattle across the road were enjoying themselves...
 The Buckeyes are beginning to POP...
 My Grandpa Milliken loved to find these.  He would give them to us grand kids and tell us they would bring good luck...
 The walnuts are falling to the ground...
 The pecans are nearing readiness...
 Apples are ripe for pickin' and pie making...
 The pears are getting ripe...
 My chickens are so much fun... and even though they are running towards me for food... I can still think they are 'just happy to see me'...
 Red is the only one with a name.  She is our best layer in the bunch... (I can tell her apart from the others because her comb lays down.)
 We had a nice rain last night.  It is so good to see even a little bit of water trickling into the pond from the spring...
 Our pond is just so serene... I love it here!
 Soon I will venture into the woods on the hunt for bittersweet... but not just yet... too many spiders, snakes, and ticks.  The bittersweet should be ready by the end of the month.  I'll bundle up good then and go out...
Wishing you all warm smiles...

Betty

1 comment:

  1. Betty. I saw that your grandfather was a Milliken. That is my maiden name too. Thanks fir your blog and your freebies. I luv their simpmicity and yep. I have trouble with linen as well. Maybe if we persevere

    ReplyDelete

What friends have said...